(January 4, 2016 APWA GSP)
Delete the heading Completion Dates and the 3 paragraphs that follow it, and replace them with the following:
- Bid Opening Date - The date on which the Contracting Agency publicly opens and reads the Bids.
- Award Date - The date of the formal decision of the Contracting Agency to accept the lowest responsible and responsive Bidder for the Work.
- Contract Execution Date - The date the Contracting Agency officially binds the Agency to the Contract.
- Notice to Proceed Date - The date stated in the Notice to Proceed on which the Contract Time begins.
- Substantial Completion Date - The day the Engineer determines the Contracting Agency has full and unrestricted use and benefit of the facilities, both from the operational and safety standpoint, any remaining traffic disruptions will be rare and brief, and only minor incidental work, replacement of temporary substitute facilities, plant establishment periods, or correction or repair remains for the Physical Completion of the total Contract.
- Physical Completion Date - The day all of the Work is physically completed on the project. All documentation required by the Contract and required by law does not necessarily need to be furnished by the Contractor by this date.
- Completion Date - The day all the Work specified in the Contract is completed and all the obligations of the Contractor under the contract are fulfilled by the Contractor. All documentation required by the Contract and required by law must be furnished by the Contractor before establishment of this date.
- Final Acceptance Date - The date on which the Contracting Agency accepts the Work as complete.
Supplement this section with the following:
All references in the Standard Specifications, Amendments, or WSDOT General Special Provisions, to the terms “Department of Transportation”, “Washington State Transportation Commission”, “Commission”, “Secretary of Transportation”, “Secretary”, “Headquarters”, and “State Treasurer” shall be revised to read “Contracting Agency”.
All references to the terms “State” or “state” shall be revised to read “Contracting Agency” unless the reference is to an administrative agency of the State of Washington, a State statute or regulation, or the context reasonably indicates otherwise.
All references to “State Materials Laboratory” shall be revised to read “Contracting Agency designated location”.
All references to “final contract voucher certification” shall be interpreted to mean the Contracting Agency form(s) by which final payment is authorized, and final completion and acceptance granted.
- Additive - A supplemental unit of work or group of bid items, identified separately in the Bid Proposal, which may, at the discretion of the Contracting Agency, be awarded in addition to the base bid.
- Alternate - 1 of 2 or more units of work or groups of bid items, identified separately in the Bid Proposal, from which the Contracting Agency may make a choice between different methods or material of construction for performing the same work.
- Business Day - A business day is any day from Monday through Friday except holidays as listed in Section 1-08.5.
- Contract Bond - The definition in the Standard Specifications for “Contract Bond” applies to whatever bond form(s) are required by the Contract Documents, which may be a combination of a Payment Bond and a Performance Bond.
- Contract Documents - See definition for “Contract”.
- Contract Time - The period of time established by the terms and conditions of the Contract within which the Work must be physically completed.
- Notice of Award - The written notice from the Contracting Agency to the successful Bidder signifying the Contracting Agency’s acceptance of the Bid Proposal.
- Notice to Proceed - The written notice from the Contracting Agency or Engineer to the Contractor authorizing and directing the Contractor to proceed with the Work and establishing the date on which the Contract Time begins.
- Traffic - Both vehicular and non-vehicular traffic, such as pedestrians, bicyclists, wheelchairs, and equestrian traffic.
(PUD July 2020)
Delete the paragraph with the heading Engineer and replace it with the following:
- Engineer - The PUD Engineer or designee.
Supplement this section with the following:
- Design Engineer - The licensed engineer who signed and sealed the contract plans.
- PUD or Owner or Contracting Agency - The contracting agency or authorized representative. The terms “PUD”, “Owner”, and “Contracting Agency” shall be synonymous.