Skamania PUD may bring a civil action for damages against any person who commits, authorizes, solicits, aids, abets, or attempts to:
- Divert or cause to be diverted, utility services by any means whatsoever.
- Make, or cause to be made, any connection or reconnection with property owned or used by Skamania PUD to provide utility service without the authorization or consent of Skamania PUD.
- Prevent any Skamania PUD meter or other device used in determining the charge for services from accurately performing its measuring function by tampering or by any other means.
- Tamper with any property owned or used by the Skamania PUD to provide services.
- Use or receive the direct benefit of all or a portion of the service with knowledge of, or reason to believe that, the diversion, tampering, or unauthorized connection existed at the time of the use or that the use or receipt was without the authorization or consent of Skamania PUD.
If utility service has been consumed and not metered, the usage may be estimated based on previous account history or an amount may be estimated by Skamania PUD for a period of up to 2 years.
Violations of RCW 9A.61.050 “Defrauding a Public Utility in the third degree” which is a gross misdemeanor, is subject to referral to the Skamania County Prosecutor for action.