Skamania County PUD responsibilities:
- Complete a site visit and follow-up with a fee estimate.
- Determine if any easements/Right of Way (ROW) permits are required.
- Supply and install the primary and secondary electrical facilities (including conduit and wire) and meter.
- Certify that the customer supplied meter base and trench meet PUD specifications prior to service being connected.
- Create monthly billing account. After the meter has been set, customer will be charged a minimum monthly fee regardless of usage.
- Once the line extension is energized, Skamania PUD takes over ownership and is responsible for repairing and maintaining the electric facilities up to the service entrance equipment.
- Obtaining necessary permits and land use approval (if applicable). Meters attached to a structure will require proof of a building permit prior to energizing service.
- Contact telephone, gas, water and cable TV companies to coordinate installation of utilities for a shared trench.
- Call 811 (Call Before You Dig) at least 2 days prior to any digging to have all underground utilities located.
- Obtain an Electrical Permit through the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries and an electrical inspection approval.
- Pre-pay all line extension fees.
- Provide, install and maintain the meter base. This includes the PVC conduit and a 36-inch radius sweep that will be pointed in the direction of the trench.
- Keeping the meter base accessible to PUD personnel.
- Provide all trenching and backfill per PUD standard drawing.
- Maintaining electrical equipment safety clearances all electrical equipment.