P.O. Box 500
1492 Wind River Hwy
Carson, Washington 98610
Pay by Phone (Available 24-hours): 844-936-2697
To report an outage day or night call (800) 922-5329 or (509) 427-5126. Skamania PUD line crews are on call around the clock to quickly restore power in the event of an outage.
Before you call, check:
- Is your whole house out of power?
- Do you have tripped circuit breakers or blown fuses in your service panel?
Note: If you live in a manufactured home, also check your service entrance breaker underneath the meter to see if you have a tripped circuit breaker (to reset first pull the circuit breaker down and then back up and repeat once if necessary)
- Are your neighbors out of power?
- Look outside for any of the following: tree limb on a power line or street lights out
Report the following:
- Your name
- Address of outage
- Phone number where you can be reached
- A brief description of the problem
After you have called:
- Turn on the porch-light switch (that lets the crew know the power is on)
- Turn on one light switch inside the house (that lets you know the power is on)
- Turn off the controls on the furnace or heat pump and any electrical equipment that was operating prior to the outage, such as the range, washer, dryer, television or radio
- Call again later if power has not been restored after a reasonable time
Though Skamania PUD’s electric system is designed to be as reliable as possible, power interruptions do occur. There are various reasons, including lightning strikes, snow and ice, wind blowing trees or limbs onto lines, accidents such as a car hitting a power pole, someone digging into a buried cable, squirrels climbing on transformers, and equipment failures. Skamania PUD’s electric system is protected with fuses and circuit breakers much like a home’s electric system, except many of Skamania PUD’s circuit breakers automatically reset themselves after a brief outage.
Skamania PUD Outage Announcements:
In the event Skamania PUD needs to schedule an outage for maintenance or repair, staff members will call the affected customers in as advance as possible. When a system-wide emergency or storm outage occurs, website and social media announcements and updates will be made as frequently as possible. Please note, these updates are posted during business hours as there is not an automated outage management system in place.