P.O. Box 500
1492 Wind River Hwy
Carson, Washington 98610
Planned Outage Notification - Friday December 15, 2017
12/12/17 1:00 PM- Skamania PUD will be taking a planned power outage to complete emergency repairs at the Cape Horn substation. This will affect all customers on the west end of the County from Smith-Cripe Road (MP 30) west to the County line. The 6-hour outage will start this Friday night, December 15, at 11:50 pm and is estimated to run through 6:00 am Saturday morning. This outage was scheduled because a heat seeking camera recently identified a hot connection that needs repaired to prevent failure of the overhead equipment. If left unrepaired, an equipment failure would lead to a much longer and unplanned outage. Please check back to our website for updates.
To report an outage day or night call (800) 922-5329 or (509) 427-5126. Skamania PUD line crews are on call around the clock to quickly restore power in the event of an outage.
Before you call, check:
- Is your whole house out of power?
- Do you have tripped circuit breakers or blown fuses in your service panel?
Note: If you live in a manufactured home, also check your service entrance breaker underneath the meter to see if you have a tripped circuit breaker (to reset first pull the circuit breaker down and then back up and repeat once if necessary)
- Are your neighbors out of power?
- Look outside for any of the following: tree limb on a power line or street lights out
Report the following:
- Your name
- Address of outage
- Phone number where you can be reached
- A brief description of the problem
After you have called:
- Turn on the porch-light switch (that lets the crew know the power is on)
- Turn on one light switch inside the house (that lets you know the power is on)
- Turn off the controls on the furnace or heat pump and any electrical equipment that was operating prior to the outage, such as the range, washer, dryer, television or radio
- Call again later if power has not been restored after a reasonable time
Though Skamania PUD’s electric system is designed to be as reliable as possible, power interruptions do occur. There are various reasons, including lightning strikes, snow and ice, wind blowing trees or limbs onto lines, accidents such as a car hitting a power pole, someone digging into a buried cable, squirrels climbing on transformers, and equipment failures. Skamania PUD’s electric system is protected with fuses and circuit breakers much like a home’s electric system, except many of Skamania PUD’s circuit breakers automatically reset themselves after a brief outage.